Forgot password to log into Windows 10 is no longer a problem of distressing, because there are many resolutions that you can use to reset the password. In this tutorial we’ll show you an easy way to get back into Windows 10 if you forgot the password of a local account.
- Create a windows 10 boot up DVD.
- Boot into the 10 boot up menu.
- Press Shift+F10 after boot up. (This will bring up a command prompt)
- Type the below commands in CMD
move d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe.bak
copy d:\windows\system32\cmd.exe d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe
- Type “wpeutil reboot” to restart the system.
- After reboot, you will be in the login screen.
- Click the Utility Manager and the command prompt will appear.
- Type the below command
net user <username> /add
net localgroup administrators <username> /add (Replace the username with any name)
- Restart the system and you will get the new user login.
- Login to the new administrator user.
- From the desktop, right click the Start menu in the bottom-right corner, and select “Computer Management”.
- Navigate to “Local Users and Groups”, scroll down to the locked account, and right-click. Choose the “Set Password” option, and choose a new set of password to recover access to your locked account